Texas Lawyers Blog


The Texas Lawyers Blog provides useful information on the law and Texas lawyers. For more information on this Blog or a legal topic, please feel free to submit an inquiry or send an e-mail message to blog@texaslawyers.com

Monday, March 24, 2014

Texas International Inheritance Lawyer: International Estates Are Becoming More Common

Texas International Inheritance Lawyer: As More People Are Living Abroad and Owning Real Property in Multiple Countries International Estates Are Becoming More Common By Texas International Inheritance Lawyer

Many families have spread out throughout the United States and around the World.  It is extremely common for people to live abroad and/or to own real property in multiple countries.  However, when a person living aboard or owning property in multiple countries dies or becomes incompetent, it can often be a challenge to move property in multiple countries through probate.

International Inheritance Lawyer, Jason S. Coomer, has extensive experience in practicing Texas and international probate law.  He handles inheritance and probate issues for international clients living abroad including moving Texas real property in international estates.  He also represents Texas executors, trustees, guardians, and administrators that need to transfer real property in other countries.  For more information on International Probate, please feel free to go to the following web page Texas International Probate Lawyer.

International Probate Issues For Heirs and Beneficiaries Living Abroad 

For the family member that lives out of the country and has never been through the Texas probate process, it can often be challenging to understand what should be done under Texas probate law.  At a time when they want to grieve the loss of their loved one, they are often forced to deal with difficult issues including:

    1) Who should be in control of their loved ones' estate?
    2) What needs to be done to have an administrator or executor appointed?
    3) What are probate & non-probate property?
    4)  What should be done to protect estate property?
    5)  Is a Will necessary?
    6)  What can be done with Estate property?  Can it be sold or transferred?

When faced with these decisions, it is often helpful to speak with and hire a Texas international probate lawyer to help take care of probate issues.  A Texas international probate lawyer can help "out of country" family members through the probate process and help move an estate through probate.  Texas International Probate Lawyer, Jason Coomer, commonly works with out of state family, heirs, lawyers, and beneficiaries to guide them through the Texas probate process.  In doing so, he works to protect the wishes of loved ones that have passed on, the best interests of his clients, and to coordinate efforts with foreign co-counsel.

No comments: